Friday, June 10, 2011

Things are looking good


There she is, my new queen. (The one with the white spot, in case you weren't sure.) The bees seemed happy and calm. I was more calm, too, in my new bee suit.
The transplanted brood frame is still mostly capped. I moved it over one space closer to the edge. Ultimately I hope to get it to the very edge and then replace it with a new frame.
My nephew, Noah, was visiting and went into the hive with me. I wore the heavy leather gloves that I got from Dadant. I found them clumsy, and now I wear the rubber gloves that Noah has on.
I removed the entrance feeder. The bees aren't even going through a quart in 3 days and they are making lots of honey. Those are capped honey cells in the picture.
In my yard the bees are all over the blackberry blossoms and the lavender.

No comments:

Post a Comment